Monday, November 6, 2017

Late Night Rambling

Life would be so much easier if everyone wore their hearts on their sleeves. Sure, people would be ashamed, sad, criticized, and vulnerable, but our world would be so much more simple.

       Think: You have a crush, and you beat yourself up about it by wondering if she (in my case) likes you, or if she likes someone else. It consumes your entire being (trust me it happens) and you can't stop obsessing over it. If people were open with their feelings, then you would know exactly what they were dealing with, and it would save both of you time and energy. Granted, it might cause a mild case of heart break, but you'll get over it. At least you did with the other 15 or so girls you liked.

All I'm sayin is this: Don't hide your feelings. Maybe don't actually go around telling everyone your deepest secrets, but be transparent with what you say and do so that people know you can trust them and that they can trust you. That's one reason why I don't really bother to hide my dislike of people when I first meet them.
       "But Joe!" People say.
 "That's so unfair to judge people like that! You don't know their life story!"
And to that, I say "Tru, you right."
While you shouldn't judge people so fast, I've found it's easier not to pretend you like some you don't, then to pretend you like someone who you don't. If I have no intention of becoming friends with those people, they should be aware  so neither of us pretend to like each other. Because, odds are, he/she doesn't like me either. That's it for my 11pm journal rant. Kbye

No comments:

Post a Comment